© Dr.R.S.Mann 2008
Also Known As:
Cervical osteoarthritis, Neck Arthritis, Arthritis Neck
Cervical spondylosis is a chronic degeneration of bones of the neck(vertebra) and cushions (disks) between the bones and deposition of minerals in the cushions of the bones.
Causes, Incidence and Risks
1. Aging is most common factor. As all over body changes occurs so in neck bones too. Chronic degeneration of bones after 40 years of age is common thing. Both the men and women suffer with cervical spondylosis but men suffer it earlier.
2. Depositions of minerals between cervical vertebra (cushions of bones) called spur or bone growth causes pressure or irritation of one or more nerves and which causes the symptoms of Cervical Spondylosis.
3. Previous history of Neck Injury may be the cause of cervical spondylosis.
Sign And Symptoms of Cervical Spondylosis
1. Neck Pain that may radiate to arm,shoulder or back.
2. Neck Stiffness
3. Headache in back of head.
4. Loss of Balance
5. Numbness and weakness in arms,hands and fingers.
6. Weakness of arms.
Limited ability to flex the head to the side (bend the head toward the shoulder) and limited ability to rotate the head.
1. X-ray : X-ray may show abnormality, as degenerations and bone growths.
2. CT Scan of neck conform the diagnosis.
In mild cases simple exercises and change in sitting and lying positions can relieve problems.Wearing a cervical collar during day and using Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may help.
In severe cases Hospitalization with bed rest and Traction of Neck may reduce pain. Some kind of muscle relaxants or injecting corticosteroids may reduce pain and inflammation.
Surgery is suggested in many cases when severe pain does not relieve by medicines and physiotherapy.
Homeopathy cures Cervical spondylosis permanently. Cases which does not get relief anywhere they get cured in Homeopathy.Homeopathy has vast range of more than 208 medicines for cervical spondylosis. It Takes 6 to 18 weeks in recent cases and longer time in older cases to be cured.
Homeopathic Medicines are prescribed on basis of individual symptoms group, Modalities of pain and movements. Mild exercises are always advised with medicines.