Some commonly indicated homeopathic medicines for Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding are following.
1. Sepia:- Bearing down sensation as if everything would escape through vulva;must cross limbs to prevent protrusion or press against vulva.
Menses too late and scanty, irregular; exceptionally menses may be early and profuse; sharp clutching pains. Violent stitches upward in the vagina from uterus to umbilicus. Vagina painful, especially on coition.
Hot Flashes at menopause with weakness and perspiration.
Sepia patient dreads to alone, weeps when telling her complaint, irritable, very sad and Indifferent to those loved most.
2. Lachesis :- Lachesis has hemorrhagic tendency. Very important during the climacteric. Cannot bear anything tight anywhere.
Climacteric troubles, palpitation, flashes of heat, hemorrhages, vertex headache, fainting spells worse pressure of clothes.
Menses too short, too feeble; pains all relieved by the flow. Left ovary very painful and swollen, indurated.
3. Phosphorus:- Hemorrhage from uterus between periods. Menses too early and scanty- not profuse but last too long.Weeps before menses.
Frequent and profuse hemorrhages from uterus caused by cancerous affection.
Weakness, blue circles around eyes and anxiety after menses.
4. Calcarea Carbonica:- Menses too early, too profuse, too long with vertigo, toothache and cold,damp feet. Least excitement causes hemorrhage from uterus.Cutting pains in uterus during menstruation.
Before menses, headache, colic, chilliness and leucorrhea.
Infertility with copious menses.
Increased menstruation about external genitals.
5. Pulsatilla:- Menses too late, scanty, thick, dark, clotted, changeable, intermittent.Menses suppressed from wet feet, nervous debility or anemia.
Chilliness, nausea, downward pressure, painful with intermittent menstrual flow.
Weeps when telling complaints, changeable, contradictory. Patient seeks the open air and always feel better there. Symptoms ever changing. Thirstless, peevish and chilly.
6. Ammonium Carb:- Menses too frequent, profuse, early, copious, clotted, black.Menses preceded by gripping colic, black and acrid blood.
Cholera like symptoms at the commencement of menstruation.
7.Lycopodium:- Menses too late, last too long, too profuse. Coition painful, dry vagina. Right ovarian pain. Discharge of blood from genitals during stool.
Melancholy; afraid to be alone.Little things annoy. Headstrong and haughty when sick.
8.Ambra Grisea:- Thin, scrawny women. Adapted to hysterical subjects. Anemic and sleepless. Weakness,coldness and numbness,usually of single parts, fingers, arms etc. Music aggravates symptoms.
Menses too early. Discharge of blood between periods, bleeding at every little accident. Profuse,bluish leucorrhea.
Itching of pudendum with soreness and swelling. Worse at night.
9.Arsenicum Album:- Arsenic is useful in persistent hemorrhages i.e. metrorrhagia or menorrhagia, of a low type depending upon some degeneration in the organ affected. Burning pains with hemorrhage.
Metrorrhagia of dark blood and increased sexual desire. Main affection in right ovary with marked burning, tensive pains and restlessness which is somewhat relieved by constantly moving the feet. Menstrual colic better from warm applications.
10. Belladona:- Menses are early,copious, bright red and attended with cramp-like tearing pain in the back, arms etc; throbbing headache; most intensely painful congestive dysmenorrhea; bearing down; cutting pain from behind forward or vice versa; menstrual flow offensive; lochia offensive. Uterine hemorrhage; blood pours out and feels hot; uterine hemorrhage with bearing down in the back.
11. Bovista:- Menses too early and profuse; worse at night. Diarrhea before and during menses. Cannot wear tight clothing around the waist. Traces of blood between menses. Soreness of pubis during menses. Metrorrhagia.
Leucorrhea acrid, thick, tough, greenish follows menses.
Uterine hemorrhage when the uterus is engorged, particularly when there is bleeding between menses from any little over-exertion. Here it is exactly like Ambra Grisea, but menstrual flow of Bovista occurs chiefly or only at night or early in the morning.
12. Cantharides:- Puerperal metritis with inflammation of bladder. Menses too early and too profuse; black swelling of vulva with irritation.
Constant discharge from uterus; worse false step. Burning pain in ovaries.
Retained placenta with painful urination.
13. Carbo Animalis:- Menses too early, frequent, long lasting, followed by great exhaustion, so weak can hardly speak. Menstrual flow only in morning. Burning in vagina and labia.
Cancer of uterus.
14. carbo Veg.:- Premature, too copious menses, pale blood. Continuous dark hemorrhage. Patient wants to be fanned, anemic, skin cool and bluish, pulse rapid and weak.
Burning pains across the sacrum and lower portion of the spine with hemorrhage.Carbo veg is torpid, sluggish.
15. Cinchona Officinalis:- Menses too early, profuse with pain. Leucorrhea bloody. Bleeding is dark and clotted. Hemorrhage is so profuse it produce condition of collapse, cool face, gasping for breath, patient demands to be fanned.
16. Erigeron Canadensis:- Hemorrhage from uterus with painful micturition. Profuse bright red blood. Pain in left ovary and hip.
Metrorrhagia with violent irritation of rectum and bladder; and prolapse of uterus. Menorrhagia. Bloody lochia returns after least motion, comes in gushes; between periods, leucorrhea with urinary irritation; pregnant women with “weak uterus”, a bloody discharge on slight exertion.
Erigeron is indicated in hemorrhages from uterus with painful urination. Hemorrhage comes in fits and starts; it comes with a sudden gush and then stops again.
17. Ferrum Metallicum:- Anemic women with fiery red face whose menses remit a day or two and then return.
Menses too early, too profuse, last too long; pale , watery. Sensitive vagina.
Discharge of long pieces from uterus.
Tendency to abortion. Prolapse of vagina.
Flow of bright red blood often mixed with coagula, associated with great deal of flushing.
18. Hamamelis Viriginica:- Menses dark, profuse, with soreness in abdomen. Bruised soreness of affected parts.Metrorrhagia occurring midway between menstrual periods. Inter menstrual pain.Vicarious menstruation.
Ovarian congestion with neuralgia; feel very sore.Uterine hemorrhage, bearing down pain in back.
Vagina very tender. Profuse leucorrhea. Vaginismus, ovaritis, soreness over whole abdomen.
The flow is dark and rather passive and there is a feeling of soreness in the affected area.
19.Ipecacuanha:- Hemorrhage bright red and profuse.
Uterine hemorrhage profuse, bright red, gushing with nausea. Pain from naval to uterus.
Menses too early and too profuse.
20. Millefolium:- Invaluable remedy for various types of hemorrhages; blood bright red.
Menses early, profuse, protracted. Hemorrhage bright red, fluid.
Millefolium is suited for a profuse, bright red flow , unattended with pain.
21.Nux Vomica:- Menses too early, lasts too long; always irregular, blood black with faint spells.
Prolpase of uterus. Dysmenorrea with pain in sacrum and constant urging to stool.
Metrorrhagia with sensation as if bowels wanted to move.
22. Sabina:- Menses bright red, clotted and worse from any motion. Hemorrhage is attended with pain extending from the pubes through to the sacrum and with pains in the legs. Uterine pains extend to thighs.
Discharge of blood between periods with sexual excitement.
Retained placenta; intense after pains.
Menorrhagia in women who aborted readily. Inflammation of ovaries and uterus after abortion.
Pain from sacrum to pubis and from below upwards shooting up in the vagina.
23. Sanguinaria Can:- Metrorrhagia occurring at the climacteric age. Bleeding is of bright red, clotted and frequently offensive. Metrorrhagia with flushes of heat and with sick headache.
24.Secale Cornutum:- Hemorrhages; continued oozing; thin, fetid, watery black blood. Whole body is pervaded by a sense of great heat so all the Secale patients are better from cold.
Menses irregular, copious, dark; continuous oozing of watery blood until next period.
The flow of blood is passive; it is attended with tingling in the limbs.
Although the surface of the body is cold, the patient persistently expresses her desire to be uncovered.
25. Trillium Pendulum:- A general hemorrhagic medicine with great faintness and dizziness.
Uterine hemorrhage with sensation as though hips and back were falling to pieces; better by tight bandages.
Gushing of bright blood on least movement.
Metrorrhagia at climacteric. Hemorrhage from fibroids.
Prolapse with great bearing down.
Blood is bright red, profuse and is attended by a faint feeling in the epigastrium, pain in back, coldness of extremities, prostration and rapid, feeble pulse.
26. Ustilago Maydis:- Vicarious menstruation. Profuse menstruation after miscarriage; discharge of blood from slightest provocation; bright red; partly clotted.
Menorrhagia at climacteric.
Oozing of dark blood, clotted, forming long black strings. Cervix bleed easily.
Ovaries burn, painful and swelled.
Uterine hemorrhage is partly fluid and partly clotted, bright red.
1. Clinical Materia Medica- E.A.Farrington
2. Pocket Manual of Homeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory- W. Boericke
3. Homeopathic Drug Picture- M.L.Tyler
4. Allen’s Keynotes- H.C.Allen